Advising residents about health and social care complaints: a guide for councillors

Posted on 05/04/2014 by Tim Gilling. Tags: ,

Helping councillors to guide and signpost their constituents when individual health and social care complaints are being made.

This joint CfGS and LGA guide aims to help councillors support residents who wish to make a complaint about a health or social care service. The guide provides basic information and sources of further advice, but does not constitute legal advice and should not be represented as such. Councillors should not advise residents on legal matters, but may use the resources described below to refer their residents to further sources of help.

About the Author: Tim Gilling

Tim is a Director at the Centre for Governance and Scrutiny, leads on health and social care and oversees our work in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.