Our ‘Finance scrutiny’ short course is designed to be completed remotely over 10 days at your own pace. It will provide a small cohort with the practical tools they need to address scrutiny in their own authorities.
Our short courses involve:
- Opening 60 min group webinar introducing the course content, key concepts and objectives;
- Access to a short workbook to carry out self-led exercises;
- Input and feedback on exercises from your peers;
- Individual 20 min video session with an expert trainer to check progress;
- Signposting to further learning including putting together an action plan;
- Closing 60 min group plenary session to share learning;
- Award of certificate.
The ‘Finance scrutiny’ short course content will include:
- An overview of the role scrutiny plays in the development and delivery of the council’s medium-term financial plans, budget and priorities
- The impact of COVID-19 on council finances and how scrutiny will need to test assumptions
- Understanding risk and the role of scrutiny in assessing it
- Scrutinising financial performance and delivery
- Commercialisation, new models of delivery and the role of scrutiny
Find out more about our training offer here.
Click here to secure a place on this short course.