A session for scrutiny/democratic services officers and other officers involved in scrutiny.
Working remotely sets its own challenges. But organising scrutiny meetings through video conferencing brings new complexity and challenge.
This free 1.5 hour Zoom webinar will help to guide officers through the process, with a opportunity to share experiences and learn from others.
- Government regulations – what they mean for councils and specifically scrutiny
- Recognising the limitations scrutiny in the current landscape
- Choose your media
- Member training in the use of chosen media
- Chairing skills – ensuring even-handedness and collaborative working
- Tech challenges and creative opportunities
- Pre-planning – with chair/vice chair and opposition groups
- Setting the agenda – focus and selection criteria
- Pre-meeting essentials – stage management and information sharing
- Meeting management – scene-setters, questioning and accountability
- Agreeing sensible protocols and behaviours – new culture in an on-line world
- Collaborating with executive
- Involving partners
- Public engagement – questions, webcasting/recording, transparency
- Confidentiality and security – legal matters – quorate etc
- Agreeing outcomes – impact and value
- Integrating with other committees
- Reviewing work programmes
To sign-up for this event please click here.
This webinar is limited to 25 participants, although we may run additional sessions according to demand. The first 25 will be sent instructions on how to join the Zoom webinar.