CfGS, in collaboration with the Department of Health and Social Care would like to invite you to participate in the audience of a virtual round table event.
The event will bring together scrutiny practitioners and others to discuss the possible content of forthcoming health scrutiny guidance and guidance relating to the Secretary of State’s intervention powers. As you may know the Health and Care Act makes changes to the legal framework around health scrutiny.
The Act’s implementation will involve the drafting of Regulations and statutory guidance – in CfGS’s view it’s important that this material support the principle of local accountability. This event will provide an opportunity for national policymakers and commentators, and scrutiny practitioners, to come together (with DHSC in attendance) to chart a way forward.
This remote event will use a “fishbowl” approach, with a panel consisting of a mix of members and officers drawn from several health- related organisations including:
– Ed Hammond, Interim Chief Executive of the Centre for Governance and Scrutiny (Chair)
– Alyson Morley, Local Government Association
– Joe Armer, Department of Health and Social Care
– Will Pett, NHS Confederation
– Bren McGowan, Healthwatch England
– Cllr Rosemary Woods, Chair, Scrutiny for Policies, Adults and Health Committee
– Cllr Suzanne Abachor, Chair of Southwark Council’s Health and Social Care Scrutiny Commission
This event is free of charge. You can sign-up here: Book your place – DHSC and CfGS Roundtable Event on Health Scrutiny Guidance – Zoom, Wed 16 Nov 2022 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM (tickettailor.com)