On 4th December, the Centre for Governance and Scrutiny will host its annual local government scrutiny conference in London where around 150 scrutiny practitioners will gather to focus on this year’s theme of ‘Strategies for Success’.
At the event we would like to showcase examples of scrutiny work that you are most proud of. To do this we’d like you to send us examples that we can share. To make it easy and hopefully interesting for others, they can come in any format that suits you – with a few guidance notes:
- The audience is your fellow local government scrutiny colleagues.
- The example can relate to any aspect of scrutiny – work planning, committee work, a specific review, training, anything! Please also feel free to send more than one example.
- Imagine that you are passing on a quick summary to get people interested knowing they can follow-up to find out more.
- If you want to submit something in-writing, then do a blog post style (around 600 words) or as an A4 poster. It can include links. Send to our email@example.com email.
- You can send a tweet to @cfpscrutiny with the hashtag #scrutinysuccess
- You can send a video – make it no-more than around a minute long. See our mock-up example below. Also send these to firstname.lastname@example.org
For each example we’ll need a contact name (say if you are a councillor), the name of the council and that you are OK with them being published.
If you can send them to us by 31 October 2018, we’ll bring them together at the conference and in an on-line format too.
We want as many as possible to celebrate all the great scrutiny work that goes on in councils throughout the country so please take part. If you need any further information, contact us on email@example.com or call 020 3866 5100.