CfGS is recruiting – Research and Policy Co-ordinator
CfGS is looking for a bright, hardworking and experienced individual to join the team as a permanent Research and Policy Co-ordinator, to start in September 2016. The recruit will provide information and policy support to the Directors and consultants and will also organise high-level roundtables in order to promote the principles of good governance and scrutiny across all public services.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- The ability to write and speak on complex issues in an understandable way, to a high standard
- The ability to collate, analyse and make sense of large amounts of information
- The ability to use information to develop marketing plans and strategies
- The ability to organise events
- A passion for and understanding of democracy, governance and accountability (in the UK and elsewhere)
- A good understanding of how local services are organised and delivered in England
- The ability to use a database or CRM system and Office IT
- An understanding of local authority scrutiny and governance
How to apply
- Download the job description and information back here. Read the job description thoroughly – in particular the criteria upon which your application will be assessed.
- Send an email to Ed Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should contain:
- An up-to-date CV explaining relevant experience and qualifications
- A 2 page covering letter outlining why you would like the role and the qualities and competencies you possess. You should write approximately 250 words for each of the criteria that will be assessed through the application pack.
- The deadline for application is 5pm on Friday 12 August 2016.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th August, so please keep this day free in your diary. All applicants will be acknowledged, and applicants who get to the interview stage will be able to request feedback.